ABUS 83AL/45HB100 Aluminum Padlock
LIGHTWEIGHT AND FLEXIBLE
Our 83AL Titalium padlock has a replaceable lock cylinder.
We recommend our 83AL Titalium padlock if you want to secure higher-value or larger objects at a high risk of theft. This makes it a great fit for locking grilles, doors, gates, cabinets, tool boxes, basement windows, switchgear, or barriers. Thanks to the replaceable lock cylinder, you can combine multiple lock cylinders (for example, the one from the front door with the shed) with the same key so that you only need one key. The lock body of the 83AL is made of particularly lightweight TITALIUM™ special aluminum, the shackle of hardened special steel with NANO PROTECT™ coating. This padlock allows you to choose between two locking mechanisms: With automatic locking, you simply push down the shackle of the 83AL and the padlock is locked. In the variant with key-retaining, you need a key to lock. This prevents accidental locking.
- Lock body made from TITALIUM™ special aluminum - high security with low weight
- Hardened special steel shackle with NANO PROTECT™ coating for very high corrosion resistance
- Patented Z-Bar" for 2 in 1 function: converts key retaining to non-key retaining and vice versa in seconds"
- Cylinder can be taken out and can be re-keyed to match an existing key
- RK: Can be keyed into many popular security keyways
- Version "S": Designed to accept Snowman-cylinders; cylinder not included
Operation and use:
- To secure valuables / goods of greater value or at a high risk of theft
- To secure gratings, doors, gates, cupboards, tool boxes, cellar windows, sheds, switchboards, barriers, etc.
- Colors: Blue, Brown, Brushed Aluminum, Green, Orange, Purple, Red, Titanium, Yellow
|Depth e:||53/64 inch|
|Height f:||3 11/32 inch|
|Horizontal clearance b:||15/16 inch|
|No. of keys supplied:||without key|
|Shackle diameter d:||5/16 inch|
|Vertical clearance c:||4 inch|
|Weight [lbs]:||0.55 lbs|
|Width a:||1 3/4 inch|
|type of cylinder:||without cylinder|
TITALIUM™ padlocks are strong, lightweight and innovative
TITALIUM™ is a special aluminum alloy that uniquely combines a high level of strength with lightness just like in the aircraft or automobile industry. The contemporary material implementation is reflected in the design of the products: TITALIUM™ series padlocks all feature an impressive stainless steel finish.
TITALIUM™ - A New Generation of Padlocks
The TITALIUM™ range is the new reference for padlocks. With approximately 30% reduced weight compared to traditional brass padlocks with at least the same level of security, the TITALIUM™ lock series becomes an attractive alternative.
There are many applications where reliable security but also weight is significant, for example travel and transportation.
Within the TITALIUM™ range, there are three standard lines in various sizes for individual security requirements. With the flagship 80TI series, the main 64TI range and the entry-level 54TI series, ABUS offers a versatile range of security solutions for both private and commercial applications.
In addition, ABUS offers specialized TITALIUM™ locks like the weather-resistant 90RK, the rekeyable 83AL, the Monoblock 82TI, or the 86TI which can even be operated with door half cylinders.