ABUS 83/40 Brass Padlock
THE SERVICE PADLOCK
Our padlock 83/50 is a solid padlock with chrome plated lock body to secure objects of higher value at high risk of theft.
Do you want to reliably secure objects of high value at a high risk of theft? Our service lock 83/50 could be a good solution for you. It is suitable for securing grilles, doors, gates, cabinets, tool boxes, cellar windows, sheds, switchgears, or barriers and can be combined keyed alike with our profile cylinders C83, EC550, EC660, XP20S, for example. The chrome plated lock body is made of solid brass, and the hardened special steel shackle has Nano Protect™ coating for very high corrosion protection. Inside, a special cylinder is at work. You can decide for yourself whether the lock should close automatically or lock with a key. The variant with Closed Shackle (CS), i.e. a raised lock body, means additional protection for the steel shackle, which makes it much more difficult to break open the lock, such as with bolt cutters.
- Chrome plated solid brass lock body
- Special alloy steel shackle with NANO PROTECT™ coating for extra corrosion resistance
- High precision pin tumbler cylinder with patented pinning window
- Patented ”Z-Bar“ for 2-in-1 function: converts key-retaining to non-key-retaining and vice versa within seconds
- Cylinder can be taken out and can be re-keyed to match an existing key
- RK: Can be keyed into many popular security keyways
- Easy shackle change: shackle can be exchanged within seconds
Operation and use:
- To secure valuables/goods of greater value or at a high risk of theft
- To secure gratings, doors, gates, cupboards, tool boxes, cellar windows, sheds, switchboards, barriers, etc.
|Depth e:||3/4 inch|
|Height f:||3 51/64 inch|
|Horizontal clearance b:||29/32 inch|
|No. of keys supplied:||two keys included|
|Shackle diameter d:||1/4 inch|
|Vertical clearance c:||1 1/2 inch|
|Weight [lbs]:||0.63 lbs|
|Width a:||1 37/64 inch|
Brass padlocks are completely rust-free
Brass has been the standard material for padlocks in Europe for many years. Therefore, ABUS offers brass padlocks in numerous sizes and variations.
Brass padlocks are being used a lot in everyday life. The material itself offers a very good level of corrosion resistance which can be further improved by coating the lock or by adding plastic covers. Our brass padlock range includes many different sizes, shapes, shackles, and other additions. Therefore, you are very likely to find exactly what you are looking for in a solid padlock.